Maple Tree Farm Maple Syrup
Maple syrup is one of nature’s many wonders. It is the only product in our diet coming directly from a plant’s sap, a maple tree, and is a nutritional powerhouse.
Maple syrup is not just sweet in flavours… it is also sweet for your health, a serving of 1/4 cup of maple syrup contains:
– 100% of the recommended Daily Value for manganese – an important factor in energy production, healthy bone formation and antioxidant defences necessary for normal brain and nerve function. Antioxidant levels are comparable to other common and popular foods, such as apples and broccoli
– 37% of the recommended Daily Value of riboflavin – which aids in metabolic processes
– 18% of the Daily Value of zinc – which is essential for normal reproduction and growth as well as a healthy immune system
Totally unrefined, maple syrup delivers considerably more nutrition than any other common sweetener, has one of the lowest calorie levels and no added colouring agents, artificial flavourings, preservatives or additives.
The earthy sweet taste of maple syrup is made from sap tapped from specially selected old growth maple trees on a 105-acre tree farm in Ancaster, Ontario. The sap flows through a wood-fired evaporator where it is boiled and then filtered several times before being hot packed in bottles. Unlike many sweeteners and sugars, maple syrup is 100% natural and unrefined, retaining the inherent nutritional value of the maple tree sap.
Pure maple syrup is a smart choice as a sweet topping or as a flavourful ingredient in baking and cooking. Its delightful maple bouquet appeal to the taste buds in diverse ways:
– As a sweetener to give tea and coffee a unique taste
– On oatmeal topped with walnuts and raisins
– Add with cinnamon and puree cooked sweet potatoes
– Combine with orange juice and soy sauce and use as a marinade for baked tofu
– Drizzled over bananas on top of a piece of whole wheat toast and peanut butter
– Marinate for organic salmon or pork
All of the wonderful benefits of maple syrup deliver good value for your money.